Wednesday, April 17, 2024



The quote below is taken from a New Yorker Magazine article about Guru type (or Con man-my choice) Peter Attia who will take your money and in return will tell you what he thinks you must do to enjoy becoming older.

The author of the New Yorker article presents this one line rejoinder that I firmly support and to which I add my own single sentence. 

"The Harvard Study of Adult Development has found, in eight decades, that human connections may be the single most critical determinant of long-term happiness and health."

As any reader of my most recent posts at this blog know, I am writing about all the people with whom I maintain human connections and thus add to my happiness and health.

I add this statement, based only on my personal experience during the past 10 years or so:

I read and write every single day, and the act of writing, saving, and printing always leaves me feeling more alive, aware, and happy than I would have been if I had not read and written. Doing that both by writing by hand or depressing a set of keys tells me I am quite okay. 

How about you? What do reading and writing do for you?

2 comments:

  1. I, Larry clicked on "no comment" and this box opened up. So will somebody please do that even if you write "this post does not apply to me. Then click on notify me and then on publish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary you are one of my two or three readers who comments on everything under the sun in your very fine emails. I write here that I get satisfaction from writing. Do you? Annika writes all kinds of thoughts in notebooks that I now give her so it is clear that is important to her. She does not publish them unless she writes at whatsapp or instagram. Maybe I should just ask, do you understand my last sentence that ends "tells me I am quite okay"

    ReplyDelete