Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New York Times and The American Riddle

03 Septemberd 2013 13:40 Central European Time

The Times accepted two comments on OpEd article by Charles Blow: The Most Dangerous Negro.

Here are the two books that I presently cite in comments on this and related articles

Prewitt, Kenneth, 2013, What is Your Race-The Census and Our Flawed Efforts to Classify Americans: Princeton University Press, Princeton

Roberts, Dorothy, 2011, Fatal Invention-How Science, Politics, and Big Business Re-create Race in the Twenty-first Century: The New Press, London

These are the two most important books on this subject that I have read. They should be read by every American professor who daily employs the nomenclature of the US Census Bureau classification of Americans.

The text below has not been revised:

I have earlier today (28th) posted a comment in one of the New York Times OpEd articles published in connection with the 50th anniversary of the Freedom March.

Similar comments in the last few days have been rejected but just in case this comment is accepted I post this preliminary note.

In that comment I promise readers that I will provide the URLs to some of the Times articles that I have tried to comment on in the past 3 days and that I will give the name of the books published by each of the professors to whom I refer.

The Times 1500 symbol with spaces limit makes it difficult to cite any source unless one is only citing one source for which there is a usable URL.

It is only 7 AM in New York so it may be many hours before the comment is reviewed. If it is accepted, then I will add information here.

Larry
13:00 Central European Time 28 August

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete