Tuesday, April 16, 2024

International Day With Ann and 

my Ethiopian promenade guide at 3B

Ann was my first Guardian Angel to be presented here in my blog. She has been here twice a w eek since that first day, that day treated about 5 posts down.


Today, Tuesday, April 16, was very satisfying and especially importtant because it illustrates the importance of being able to take promenades with a support perso aad the importance of wide-ranging conversation in keeping home-bound people of sound mind and body.

Settling In --When Ann arrives she has to first settle in so we can take our time to talk and have  coffee and, for me, the fancy cookies she bought at the very fine bakery at Frölunda Torg.
   We did that and we have gotten quite good at having conversations about matters within our wide range of subjects in common.

   Then time for my first walk of the day when Ann will carry a big box of stuff to the recycling cente located across the street in back of the white truck. The building is where my Frisk Rehab physical therapist is located.

   We took my longest walk to date, down along Allén where all of the trees are not at all well,  won't survive very long. Then we came back and really settled down to talk about my getting low-cost taxi service and then, about something very different, the country where one of my walker assistants I was born, Ethiopia. He was scheduled to come today and I was sure that would set the stage for an interesting conversation. Why? 
    Ann lived in Ethiopia, I was a manuscript reviewer and English language expert for a team of maternal care researchers at Karolinska who had a major project in Ethiopia, and I am learning all the time from "I" ( choose not to use the names of the many people who come here to help me)

   He did appear, I introduced him to Ann and her to him, and they were quickly into a fascinating conversation since she knows the area where he came from and where she lived.
   Then he and I left to take my second walk for the day. Ann went out onto the scaffolding and took the picture of us, stopping to talk with a neighbor of mine who helps to keep the lawn spic and span and also arranges get togethers.
I am in the maroon jacket in the center, my neighbor in black to my  left, and I on my right.
   We walked and talked about my other helpers, all of whom I knows, and he said he will be back tomorrow for another visit and walk.

   This became a wonderful day and I use this story as the lead in to a future post about my helpers.
    Comments welcome, just click on comment below this text.

No comments:

Post a Comment