Monday, June 11, 2018

Twenty-one Days in My America 2018

In Burlington, VT, there is a newspaper called Seven Days, what's happening in Burlington and perhaps what people are discussing, even arguing about. I come here from Sweden every year in June and live up on Mount Philo, in years long past in small tents, now older and wiser, I live in Cedar Shelter shown in my first post below this one.

I get this into print today, Monday 11, June, in part to tell my Church Street Dancers that it takes me a couple of days do transfer jpgs and MP4s to my laptop and then to edit or convert as necessary. You are in my other camera so here at Barnes and Noble I ask you to be patient, I'll find you in that camera.

The week gone by was filled with jazz of every kind and offering countless surprises, one of the first in the form of this tenor saxophone soloist from the Berklee School in Boston (I have to add names later where possible). She made me at least think of Melissa Aldana and I have a video clip of her soloing / here's hoping it gets here or in a YouTube collection.

And, coincidence of the day, when the set was over (at BCA) I talked with her and found out that she and Melissa Aldana were there together at Berklee. Two very fine tenor players, that they also have in common. Here she is along with the keyboardist from Manhattan School, he singing unisons with his keyboard line, just as George Benson used to do, long ago when I was at Johns Hopkings in Baltimore MD.


No comments:

Post a Comment